Latin America Conference 2024
Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BD (Nearest tube: Euston/Kings Cross)
Saturday, 27 January 2024, 10:00am
Come to the Latin America Conference 2024 to find out first-hand about the latest developments in the region and how we can offer solidarity.
Tickets £10 waged/ £8 unwaged.
Book online at bit.ly/LA24ticket
Or call 020 7490 5715 Mon-Fri
This will be the 18th annual Latin American Conference that we have organised. Recent conferences have attracted such speakers as Dr Aleida Guevara, Jeremy Corbyn MP, Ken Loach, Alberto Juantorena, Olympic gold medallist, Tariq Ali, Noam Chomsky, Walter Sandino, Robin Blackburn, Tariq Ali, Prof. Ernesto Laclau, Frances O’Grady, Mariela Castro, and many others.
Bringing together experts, academics, trade unionists, politicians, and activists from the UK, Europe and Latin America. With info and stalls from 30+ UK-based organisations.
Latin America continues to show a better world is possible – putting the needs of people and planet ahead of corporate greed. The continent is shifting to the left – with progressive governments elected in recent years in Brazil, Bolivia, Honduras, Mexico and even Colombia. Yet the US Empire is continuing with its sanctions, blockades and illegal ‘regime change’ efforts against countries including Cuba, Venezuela and Nicaragua. We can learn from and take inspiration from these mass movements across the region and show real solidarity in the struggle for sovereignty and
against neo-liberalism and US domination.
- Daniel Kebede NEU GS
- Mick Lynch RMT GS
- Bárbara Montalvo Cuban Ambassador
- Vijay Prashad Tricontinental, Executive Director
- Mick Whelan ASLEF GS
- Rocio Maneiro Venezuelan Ambassador
- Grahame Morris MP
- Sarah Woolley BFAWU GS
- Kevin Courtney CSC
- Jess Barnard Labour NEC
- Claudia Turbet-Delof Wiphalas Across the World, Bolivia
- Nathalia Urban BrasilWire
- Asad Rehman War on Want
- Gabriel Rodriguez ITF, Argentina
- Lindsey German Stop the War Coalition
- Alex Gordon RMT President
- Kate Hudson CND
- Steve Turner Unite AGS
- Emily Morris UCL Institute of the Americas
- Christine Blower House of Lords
- Navendu Mishra MP
- Mickey Brady MP
- Ben Chacko Editor, Morning Star
- Gawain Little GFTU GS
More keynote speakers to be announced
Features over 20 seminars including:
- Cuba: Standing firm against the empire
- Colombia, Brazil, Honduras: Left winning again in Latin America
- Chavez 25: Spark for 21st century socialism
- Latin America & the Caribbean: Zone of Peace or US base in the new cold war?
- Bolivia: How people-power overturned a coup & built a new society
- People & Planet on the brink: Lessons in tackling climate change
- Behind the corporate media war on progressive Latin America
LatinFilmFest24 featuring films, documentaries and special guests for Q&As
Latin America Conference 2024 is supported by a range of organisations including CSC, VSC, NSC, NEU, Unite the Union, TUC.
Follow us on facebook @LatinAmericaConference and twitter @latamericaconf