Event: Latin America's Struggle: Opposing US Intervention, Neoliberalism & the Far-Right
Campaign News | Monday, 16 August 2021 | Click here for original article
Latin America's Struggle: Opposing US Intervention, Neoliberalism & the Far-Right, with guests from across the region.
Wednesday, 18 August 2021, 6:30pm(UK Time)
An in depth look at the some of the most important struggles in the region, from Peru's electoral victory to ending the blockage on Cuba PLUS MORE
- Claudia Webbe MP
- Guillaume Long, Former foreign minister, Ecuador, on the challenges facing the continent
- Camila Escalante, Telesur & Kawsachun News, Bolivia, on the march of social progress under the Movement Towards Socialism
- Francesca Emanuele, Peruvian journalist & activist, on the Left's Presidential election victory
- Natalia Urban, Brasilwire, on the growing resistance to Bolsonaro & the far-right
- Gabriel Rodriguez, International Transport Workers' Federation, Argentina, on alternatives & resistance to neo-liberalism
- Dr. Francisco Dominguez, Latin American Studies, Middlesex University, on the effects of US sanctions on the region, including Venezuela & Nicaragua
- Bernard Regan, Cuba Solidarity Campaign, on why we must stand against the criminal US blockade
- Chair: Christine Blower, Labour Peer & Labour Friends of Progressive Latin America.
Hosted by Labour Friends of Progressive Latin America.
Supported by a range of solidarity organisations & progressive groups + publications including Brazil Solidarity Initiative, Friends of Bolivia, Nicaragua Solidarity Campaign Action Group, Friends of Ecuador, Venezuela Solidarity Campaign.
Kindly streamed by 'Arise - A Festival of Labour's Left Ideas.'