Spaces on May Day tours to Havana - book now
Campaign News | Tuesday, 23 February 2010
Why not take part in one of CSC’s May Day tours to Cuba which leave at the end of April. Spaces are left on both the May Day Study Tour and the Young Trade Unionists Brigade, both of which include an invitation to participate in Havana’s spectacular May Day Rally on 1 May 2010.
MAY DAY STUDY TOUR
21st April - 3rd May 2010
· Attend, by special invitation, the Cuban May Day Rally, joined by over 1 million Cuban workers in Plaza de la Revolución, marking the 51st anniversary of this special day in the Cuban political calendar.
· Strengthen solidarity links with Sister Trade Unions and CTC, Cuban Trades Union Congress, in Havana and the provincial capital of Pinar del Río.
· Visit workplaces, institutions and neighbourhoods to gain a valuable and unique insight into the continuing achievements of the Cuban Revolution and present day Cuban society. Includes meetings with Cuban workers in their workplaces.
· Examine the challenges facing the revolutionary island as well as the problems caused by the on going illegal US trade blockade of Cuba.
· Experience the captivating capital city of Havana and vibrant Cuban culture at first hand. This is a wonderful opportunity to see the real revolutionary Cuba away from the usual tourist trail, experience Cuba’s rich and diverse cultural heritage and provide visible solidarity and support to the Cuban people.
A study tour not to be missed!
Price £999 includes flights, accommodation, most meals, transport, visits and excursions, English speaking local Cuban tour guide.
For further questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8800 0155 now.
YOUNG TRADE UNIONISTS MAY DAY BRIGADE 2010
25th April - 10th May 2010
Celebrate May Day in unforgettable style in Havana’s Revolution Square, with trade unionists from around the world.
Learn about the reality of life in Cuba through visits to sister unions, hospitals, work places and schools.
Visit places of historical, cultural, economical and social interest across the beautiful Caribbean island.
Attend meetings and ceremonies with a range of Cuban organisations.
Contribute to the agricultural development of the country through voluntary work sessions.
The previous Youth Brigades have included young trade unionists from Unite, UNISON, GMB, RMT, CWU, PCS and the BFAWU.
Price £995 includes flights, accommodation, most meals, transport, visits and excursions.
For further questions, email Stuart on email@example.com or call 020 8800 0155 now.
(Photo Alejandro Gortazar)