Online meeting - Another Education is Possible
Campaign News | Tuesday, 21 July 2020
Wednesday, 22 July 2020, 6:00pm
Joint event with the National Education Union(NEU) featuring special guest- Niurka Gonzalez, General Secretary of the Cuban teaching union
Drawing on themes raised in the recent publication, ‘Beyond the Blockade’, British teachers discuss Cuba’s alternative approach to education and society and the lessons drawn through four years of National Education Union (NEU) delegations.
The General Secretary of the Cuban teaching union joins us to discuss Cuba’s response to Covid-19 in the education sector and the role teaching unions have played during the crisis and in plans to get children back to school. She will also look back on 25 years of solidarity between the National Education Union (NEU) in Britain and the National Union of Education, Science and Sports Workers (SNTECD) in Cuba.
- Niurka Maria Gonzalez Obera, General Secretary, SNTECD (Education, Science and Sports Union Cuba)
- Malcolm Richards, Devon NEU and editor of Beyond the blockade
- Bernard Regan, NEU trustee, Secretary Cuba Solidarity Campaign
- Lucy Coleman, Early Years teacher, Oxfordshire NEU
- Chair: Gawain Little, NEU executive member, Chair of International Committee and editor of
- Plus others to be confirmed
Hosted jointed by the National Education Union and the Cuba Solidarity Campaign.